Earthy and slightly sweet vegetarian rolls that are far from bland and boring.
– Preparation time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 35 minutes
– Serving: 2
– Source: Nataly Blowe
Ingredients For the Roll
1 Whole Avocado (Sliced)
2 Cups Brown Rice
1 Large Carrot (Julienned)
1⁄4 Cup Green Beans (Steamed and Cooled)
1⁄2 Cup Lettuce (Shredded)
2 Sheets Nori
1⁄2 Cup Red Cabbage (Shredded)
1 Large Sweet Potato (Mash and season)
2 Cups Baby Portabella (Rough chop)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Whole Lime
3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 Tsp Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Sriracha
- Cook brown rice Boil sweet potato cubes until soft enough to mash. *Cool both when done
- Rough chop mushrooms and cook on medium high heat with sesame oil, pepper and cook out all moisture. Then add soy sauce and stir until absorbed into mushrooms. Set into fridge to cool.
- Begin prepping veggies by cutting into julienned strips
- Grab all cooled down items and begin assembly
- On a sushi mat lay Nori down all the way to bottom of mat and thinly spread sweet potato leaving 1 inch of room at top of nori. Then sprinkle brown rice over that and press down gently leaving room at top.
- Add julienned veggies and mushroom mix and roll nori Repeat this step until done with ingredients. Should make 3 rolls.
Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 30 min minimum.
- Start spicy peanut sauce. Combine soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, Sriracha and stir add 1 tbsp of hot water if needed to thin sauce out if it is too thick.
- Remove rolls and cut into equal pieces. Serve with spicy peanut lime sauce