HEALTHY, SWEET, SUGAR-FREE BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS FOR YOUR HEALTHY BREAKFAST
2 1/2 cups or 200 grams gluten-free fine rolled oats (or regular rolled oats)
2 large size or 3 small size ripe bananas (mashed)
2 large whole eggs (beaten) (or flax or chia eggs for the vegan option)
1/3 cup or 115 grams raw honey (or natural maple syrup,or raw agave nectar or powdered or liquid stevia)
3/4 cup or 180 milliliters milk of your choice (cow,almond,soy,cashew or coconut milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan,sea or table salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
– The first step of making these yummy and sweet muffins is to preheat your oven to 350°F or 170°C degrees.
– Peel the bananas. Cut them into pieces and mash them with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Mash really really. You can use a mixer to make them really smooth and creamy.
– Add the fresh whole eggs or flax or chia eggs to the bowl.
– Add the raw honey or other sweetener of your choice, the milk of your choice and vanilla extract.
– Stir until everything is well combined.
– After that, add the gluten-free or regular rolled oats and the backing powder to the bowl and stir well.
– Leave the batter to chill for about 10 minutes until the oats are soaked.
– Take a muffin tin or pan and place and place a muffin paper cups into each cup.
– Spray the cups with some non-stick cooking spray or grease them with some extra-virgin olive oil or butter to prevent the muffins from sticking.
– Put the muffin tin or pan in the preheated oven and bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center of each one comes out clean.
– After baking, remove them from the oven and leave them to cool down.
– After that, serve them and enjoy the sweet taste.
You can stir in the batter some chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts, raisins, cranberries, raspberries or unsweetened chocolate chips for better taste.
By Mitko Dzhordzhev
Image by shannonlee from Pixabay
Leave a Reply